Interesting thoughts here.
There is no doubt that a (D)SLR is bulky and heavy, and the nature of the beast is to carry accessories.
But if you are doing ‘professional’ photography or specialized shooting, its a necessity.
“Street Photography” is another matter
I decided to invest in a ‘shirt pocket camera’ and bought a Fuji F600EXR via Amazon.
More on that in other threads.
- Street Photography (jessicajandrews.wordpress.com)
- Talk To Strangers: why you should start a conversation with anyone wielding a camera while shooting street photography. (diarmuidmcdonald.wordpress.com)
- Henri Cartier-Bresson – Street Photography (politicallyprecise.wordpress.com)
- Is Street Photography Ethical? (contrastly.com)
- Stunning Urban and Street Photography (makeyourideasart.com)
- Consumer DSLRs “dead in 5 years” (eoshd.com)